Yesterday was my sweet hubby's birthday! We got up and around and had a wonderful breakfast.
As soon as breakfast was over, I went out on Anita's back porch and cut Nathan's hair. I got cleaned up. My dear friend Kathy came over while I was finishing up Nathan's haircut. Anita, Kathy, and I got ready to leave for Tucson.
We drove up there and Anita dropped us off at the mall while she went to her orthodontic appointment. I was busy shopping for Nathan's birthday present. I knew exactly what he needed, so I was on a mission to find him some work shirts and ties.
I looked at the mall map to try and find a JC Penny's, but that mall didn't have one. Kathy and I shopped in two different stores with no luck. We met up with Anita. We left the mall and went to the Olive Garden for lunch. After lunch, we stopped at Casual Male...no luck. We walked a 1/2 a block over to Men's Wearhouse...no luck there either. Well, that's not totally true. They did have the exact size I was looking for, but I was NOT going to spend $100 per shirt! So we ended up back at the mall to look at the other major department store that we had not been to yet. Surprise, surprise, no luck again...I was really frustrated at this point. We finally gave up and decided to get something all together different.
Anita had one last stop to make at Costco. I found shirts there almost the size we were looking for!
Nathan, Duane (my father-in-law), both boys, and my parents drove up separately. We met them at a Mexican restaurant called El Sur. The food was really good, the service was superb, and the prices were cheap! Nathan used Yelp to find them. He would much rather enjoy a simple dinner than go to some fancy restaurant any old day. After we ate, we were told we could bring in a birthday cake. Aaron went out to our car and brought in the carrot cake with cream cheese icing that I made early that morning. Aaron started to walk over to our table with it, but our waitress confiscated it! She took the cake out of the traveling case, put some candles on it, lit it, and had the other waiters/waitresses come and sing Happy Birthday while they put a HUGE red sombrero on Nathan and handed him a cardboard guitar!!! It was great!!! Nathan absolutely loves embarrassing me with stuff like that, but he despises if anyone does anything like that to him! I had nothing to do with it! I had no idea what they were doing until they did it! Well, at least he was a good sport about it!
After dinner, the guys headed next door to shop at Harbor Freight. The rest of us loaded up and drove over to the Gas Light Theater. In case you don't know, the Gas Light Theater always performs melodramas. Their play was The Phantom of the Opera...ooooohh.
Sorry, you had to be there to understand the sound effects written in here! Both of my parents have lived near the Tucson area going on 22 years and they had never been to the Gas Light Theater. I looked over during the show and caught my Dad laughing his head off...as for my Mom, I think she layed an egg! My mom was laughing so hard, she had tears running down her cheeks! It was so good to see everyone have a great time. Kathy thoroughly enjoyed herself. She had never been to anything like this and she had a BLAST!
That pretty much sums up Nathan's birthday. After we got home, he told me that that was one of the best birthdays he's ever had! Yaaaay!
Sleep well my friends! God bless! Yes, we are now back home, so my blogs should be more regular now. Until next time...

What a great way to celebrate Nathan's birthday and spend time together. Phantom of the Opera was truly amazing. The music was great, the singers were fantastic, and the acting was superb.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed spoiling my grandkids.
They loved their week with us.
Happy Birthday, Mr. Cogburn!!!
ReplyDelete