Sunday, November 25, 2012

Getting Back To Normal

Good night to everyone out there? How are you? I am pretty much tired and worn out! We had quite the busy week.

I got this morning and I made Apple Fritter Muffins, turkey bacon, hash browns and fried duck eggs for breakfast. Nathan just brought home seven ducks about a week ago from some friends of ours. We are getting about two eggs a day right now. They are just getting to be mature enough to start laying eggs. Boy, are they big! The yolks are twice as big as our chicken eggs and were thicker. They were harder to crack open because the membrane is tougher than a chicken's egg. Anyways, we had a nice breakfast.

We went to church and Audie Click from Farmington spoke for us. That was probably the best lesson I've heard him give. Afterwards, Duane, Anita, Nanny, all of Nathan's siblings and families, Darin and his family and Audie and his family all went out to eat at Dion's Pizza.

We went home this afternoon. I was looking forward to soaking in the bathtub tonight since my lower back has been hurting a little the last couple of days. Nathan's sister Natalie had to come over and pick up her diaper changing mat before they left to go back to Texas. I waited all afternoon for her to show up. I didn't want to get in the tub and then have Natalie show up so I'd have to get out! Finally, Natalie called around 4:30 and said she was on her way, so I started drawing my hot bath water. I wanted it to be ready so as soon as she left, I could just hop in and soak for a couple of hours if I wanted to! Just before I went to get in, Nathan said he was getting ready to drive to our local Tractor Supply store in Edgewood. He asked me to come along. I told him I already had my bath water ready and waiting for me. He told me not to worry and that we could easily just heat it back up. So, I decided to go with him. While we were on our way to the store, I got a call from my sister-in-law Tonya. She asked if we could all just get together and hang out at our house tonight. I told her that was fine by me. I appreciated having all the help eating all the left-overs!

After supper, we decided to play two rounds of a card game called Hand And Foot. We hope to finish the game tomorrow.

Gabe leaves tomorrow, but went and spent the night at Chad's since he has to leave really early in the morning. Duane, Anita and Nanny spent the night at Chad and Tonya's and plan on flying out Tuesday. So, all in all, we are done with company for a while! We made it! We sure enjoyed spending time with all our family here.

I hope to sleep well tonight. Please ask questions or suggest topics you would like me to write about. I appreciate any feedback. Good night and God bless.

3 comments:

  1. Bet you are glad for the rest. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea...slept in this morning. Could probably use another 8 hours! : /

    ReplyDelete
  3. get some rest and enjoy the quiet atmosphere of your home.

    Love you much.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.