Good evening! How are you my friends? I would like to start off by asking people who are reading this blog to leave comments, ask questions they may have, or even request me to talk about certain aspects of farm life or daily life, etc. I don't want to sound boring, since I NEVER have a dull moment around here!
Today was kind of crazy. I was busy all day, but I feel like I hardly accomplished anything! I was trying to do about seven things at once, so I finally decided to just pick one until I finished it, then move on to the next thing. I think I actually see some results tonight!
I am trying to get my house picked up and cleaned up since we are expecting company for Thanksgiving. We have family starting to arrive a week from today. Of course, my house is in usual disarray...but then again, what farm house isn't (except for Mrs. Schwebach's)? I just don't know how she does it, running a farm, homeschooling three of her four kids, running kids to music lessons and keeping an IMMACULATE house!
I did dishes, sorted laundry, did some more laundry, ran an errand in Edgewood, worked on making a Christmas present for my mother-in-law. My husband's family is all coming for Thanksgiving, so we are planning on giving each other Christmas gifts then since we won't all be together at Christmas. My sweet mother-in-law is probably reading this, so I won't tell you all what I'm making for her...you'll just have to wait and be surprised like her!
I then realized that I needed to turn in the boys' 4-H paperwork by tonight for them to receive credit for being members last year. We had to document everything. Aaron did his on bee keeping. Jordan did his on Alpacas. I am attaching a picture of Jordan with my Alpaca, Francis. Francis is our friendliest alpaca. He loves to come up to us when we call him. He is the tamest of them all. He has the most beautiful eyes! You can't see it in this picture because his top knot has grown too long! Jordan got him haltered all by himself and Nathan took this gorgeous picture. I just love it! They really are beautiful creatures!
I worked on music with Aaron tonight. I am trying to put a Christmas recital together for all my voice and piano students. This is way too much fun!
I am going to go to bed. Nathan is already there waiting...what else is new?!! Maybe I'll crawl in bed before he falls asleep tonight.
By the way, I asked for prayers for Nathan's cousin's husband a couple of days ago. His name is Lance. He was going to have an MRI of his brain done. Well, they had it done. They suspect that he has MS (multiple sclerosis ). They won't have a definite diagnosis until they see the neurologist. They are devastated right now. Please continue to keep the entire family in your prayers. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Oh, as for an update on my little nephew Haven (who cut off the tips of two of his fingers), he is pretty much all healed up. He's as busy as ever doing what little boys do best...playing, and playing hard!! He wanted me to tell everyone thanks for praying for him. He said his scabs are falling off and it doesn't hurt anymore!
Good night, sleep tight and God bless!

Hello! You said to post a question, so here's one - how did you become so musical? What sparked your interest in that line? :) (I should just ask, how did you become so TALENTED in all that you do!) :)
ReplyDeleteNice picture, Jordan.
ReplyDeleteGreat photo of Jordan and his alpaca Do you still own this particular one? I know you've sold some of your alpacas.
ReplyDeleteProud of my sweet grandson.
Mom
Yes, we still own Francis. He's actually my alpaca. I bonded with him the second I saw him! I wouldn't sell him for anything!
ReplyDeleteGood. I am sure Jordan is very attched to him.
ReplyDelete