Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Working Out Back

Hello friends! I am just sitting down, rocking in my rocking chair after a long day.

Got up this morning, fixed breakfast, proofread Nathan's resume, played some piano, enjoyed a cup of hot coffee, did another load of dishes, all before 10:00!

Got the boys going on school. Am still trying to get Aaron caught up on school. Fixed some lunch for the guys. Ran to the post office and library.

As soon as I got home from the library, I immediately changed into my GI and the boys and I headed off to karate class. My back is doing much better as far as range of motion, but am still in quite a bit of pain. I am still having to take ibuprofen pretty much around the clock. I didn't sleep well at all last night. It hasn't been keeping me up before, I just hope tonight is better! I already soaked in a nice hot bath and I've been icing it for the last 45 minutes.

Well, on to my story. Nathan and I have been trying to get our landscaping done in the back yard this week. We won't be able to get it 100% done until this spring when I finish planting my ground covers, flowers and rose garden, but we hope to get everything else done.

We planted more butterfly bushes and lilac bushes to outline the basic shape of our yard. Won't be able to plant the grass until this spring. Nathan and the boys built a really neat looking fire pit yesterday and they also laid down some weed fabric and covered it with crusher fines. It looks really nice. I hope to take some pictures tomorrow during the day. Nathan is still working on the flagstone patio. He was able to put more edging down so I can outline the boys where to put the different shape flagstones like puzzle pieces. Nathan says that I'm pretty good at that. I don't know if I quite believe him! I was never too good at puzzles! The back yard is really starting to shape up. We have all worked hard (especially Nathan) and it's wonderful to see the fruits of our labors. I am grateful for a wonderful husband and father who provides for us and shows us what a Christian life should be like. Thank you honey!

God bless you all!

4 comments:

  1. Working out back title reminds me of the alternate title of the Hobbit . . .There and Back Again. Keep up the good work. Love you, dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the results of your hard labor. Pls. send me a photo of your butterfly and lilac bushes and the progress of your flagstone project.
    It's good that you ara all working together as a team.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like we've got a bit more work to do on your back. Don't want to see you needing IB for long periods of time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all who have left comments...it makes me feel like this is benefitting more people than just me! Thanks for the prayers for my back and yes, Dr. Dogget, I do have an appointment set up with you at 3:00 today!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.