Saturday, October 20, 2012

Precious Prayers...

I am asking all my friends who are following my blogs to pray for my nephew Haven. He was playing by his dad's inversion table and managed to get his fingers caught in the contraption. It ended up chopping off the tips of two of his fingers. Chad is on his way with Haven to the Kaseman Emergency Room right now as I write this. His mom, Tonya, has asked everyone on Facebook for prayers on little Haven's behalf. Haven is only six years old and is pretty freaked out, especially when he looks down and sees his fingertips missing. Poor Tonya wishes she could trade places with him since Haven is hurting so. Tonya is actually at home with Haven's twin brother and older sister. I pray that Haven's pain would be minimal.

I thank each of you for remembering Haven tonight and praying for his road to recovery. It really makes me stop and think of my kids. I am appreciative of their good health and that they are safe in their beds tonight. I thank God for the precious blessings that they are to me.

Nathan and I had a great day today. We all did our morning chores. Ebony is still not doing well. Her girth was bigger around today than yesterday, we think. We are praying for her recovery as well.

The four of us worked on putting some more sheet metal on the shop. Then we drove the boys to Tijeras to the Tractor Supply Company for their drama group. They were doing a fund raiser to help fund their next production to be held Nov. 16-17 @ 7 PM @ Covenant of Grace Church in Edgewood. The boys stayed until 2 trying to sell Entertainment Books. Nathan and I came home and put another piece of siding on the shop.

We then left for Albuquerque. Nathan and I signed up to attend the Intentional Life Seminar by Randy Carlson, founder of Family Life Radio. We attended that and got some useful information from that. I have decided to be more intentional about reading my Bible and prayer time.

After the seminar let out, we went out for dinner and sat around just talking about things in general. Lastly, we went to a violin recital tonight. It was directed by my friend Lydia. Lydia was one of my former piano students who now plays wonderfully on the piano, but is also an accomplished violinist as well! She has put together a violin quartet called ... Hymns for Him. Lydia played with them on her violin when she wasn't accompanying them on the piano. Her older sister Alicia was the other accompanist on the piano. I taught both Lydia and Alicia how to play piano. It was quite an emotional evening for me. To see my former students now teaching students of their own and to see them glorifying God with their lives and with their music was unbelievably touching. Words could not express the emotions that went through me as I listened to the concert. Wow! What a night!

Well, Nathan is turning out the lights, so I suppose I should sign off for tonight. Until next time...may God grant you peace tonight!


5 comments:

  1. Our prayers are with you all. dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for your little nephew! Yikes, how scary for the little guy.

    I am so glad that you all made it to the concert! It was such a huge blessing to have you there!!! Thank you for all the years you put into teaching Lydia and me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How scary! I will pray for little Haven. Thank you so much for attending the concert. It was a joy to see you there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for Haven and his quick recovery and lessened pain.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your prayers. Love ya all!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.