Saturday, October 13, 2012

None Of Your Bee's Wax!

Good evening everyone! I was planning on going to the International Balloon Fiesta this evening and posting pictures, but as it turned out, we ended up not going tonight. We plan on going in the morning, so I hope to post pictures on tomorrow's blog.

Today was somewhat busy. I canned nine quarts of Apple Cinnamon Syrup. It is pretty tasty if I do say so myself!

Nathan and his brother Chad worked out in our garage all day. They rebuilt our fodder system. I will explain that another day. Aaron was extremely busy at school today still trying to catch up. I am so proud of how hard and diligently he worked today! Jordan tried to keep our twin nephews and niece occupied today! Way to go Jordan! He had fun playing with his cousins.

Then this evening, Nathan and I decided to try our hand at candle making. We prepared our candle molds by spraying the rubber molds with Pam. Then we got a large needle with a huge eye and threaded the wick through the mold itself and held it in place with a bobby pin stabilizing the wick. We then broke off a big piece of our bee's wax and melted it in a pot over boiling water. When it was completely melted, I gently poured the melted wax into the molds and let the candles cool down. After they cooled down, Nathan pried the sides apart on the molds while I pulled the candle out and bingo, bango, you've got a candle! I have to stop and tell you that our candles are not anything like the store bought candles. As the wax was melting, it still smelled like honey. So now our candles smell exactly like the honey we harvested this year! It smells so good, it almost makes me want to take a bite right out of the candle! Jordan is so excited and can't wait to burn our first candle. So far, we've only made 4 - 2" candles. One looks like a bee hive with a bee on the side. The other one (which is my favorite) is a bee hive with a bear clinging to the side with a couple of bees on it! I hope you enjoy the picture of me with my first candles. I am just WAY too excited! Thank you for your help sweetie!

Well, I am heading straight to bed. We have to get up at 4:45 to catch a ride to the Ballon Fiesta. Sleep well my friends. God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Ship me some and put the bill on it. I love candles. We'll use them on Friday during our bible study. thanks.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you and Nathan and the boys have been busy as little bees. Beautiful candles. Can't wait to smell them. Love to LL, dad.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.