Thursday, October 11, 2012

My Job As Gopher...

Good evening everyone! I have great news! Today was my first day without having to take any ibuprofen at all! YIPPEEE!!!

Today was kind of interesting. Nathan wanted to get started hanging the sheet metal and insulation on the shop. The boys were still doing school, so guess what? I became Nathan's Little Helper today!

First, we rounded up the tools he needed. Then we measured all the sheet metal for the back side of the shop and organized them according to size. Next, Nathan measured the insulation and cut it to size. I drove the tractor and used the bucket to lift Nathan up so he could hold the insulation in place while we handed him a piece of sheet metal. He then screwed the sheet metal in place while insulating it at the same time.

I had two voice students scheduled for this afternoon, so I pulled Jordan off school early and had him help Nathan. Jordan and Nathan were able to get two sheets totally up before we had to leave for karate.

We went to karate class and had a ball! I really appreciate our Sensei. He really makes the classes fun and interesting. He works us very hard and he encourages us to be more than we think we can be. We are blessed to have him as a teacher!

Stopped by the grocery store on the way home. Fixed chicken cordon bleu seasoned potatoes and salad for supper. Got supper cleaned up and had our Bible study. Now we're sitting down to watch NCIS Los Angeles while eating a bowl of pistachio almond ice cream! What a way to end the day!

That's all to report for now...until tomorrow. Rest well and God bless!

3 comments:

  1. You are a great team and I am so proud of all of you.
    I am jealous of your pistachio almond ice cream. You'll have to make some when you come.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great and successful day! I wonder who the voice students were.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be jealous of my pistachio almond ice cream Mom, it was only store bought!

    Alicia, thanks for your comments on several of my blogs! I always appreciate comments!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.