Hello to everyone! How are you today? I am completely exhausted!
Nathan and I have been traveling for about 16 hours. We landed in Barcelona, Spain and collected our luggage. We caught a taxi cab to our bed and breakfast and just dropped our luggage off. Check-in wasn't until 2 this afternoon, so we hit the road with a map in hand.
The map we were carrying isn't a complete map, so we walked around quite a ways and got lost! After about 1 1/2 hours, we finally figured out where we were!
Nathan and I saw some cool architectural designs in the older buildings along the way. We stopped and a sidewalk cafe and ordered tapas. Wanna know something funny? I don't even know what tapas are, but we were told we HAVE to try them! No body at the cafe spoke any English, so we winged it! The #1 that we ordered had fried potatoes with a spicy tomato sauce and chicken croquettes. So as soon as we ordered, the lady shooed us outside to sit at an outside table. They brought us out a saucer full of pickled olives. Nathan seemed to like them. I took only a bite of one olive and that was enough for me! About five minutes later, the guy brought out 5-6 pieces of French bread sliced in half, sprinkled with tomato juice and olive oil. We thought...this is not what we ordered...but maybe she misunderstood...oh well! Two minutes later, the guy came out with 4 fried oblong things. Come to find out, it was our chicken croquettes! Then last, but not least, he came out with a larger plate of fried potatoes with the spicy tomato sauce and some sort of mayonnaise sauce in the middle. That stuff was good (except for the mayonnaise)! We sure didn't know what to expect!
After lunch, we started walking our way back to the bed and breakfast. There is a guy here that speaks very good English and he asked us to be back by 2:00. He will be off work around three, so he wanted to be able to answer any questions we may have. Duane and Anita are supposed to meet up with us any time now. We brought a walkie talkie with us and Duane and Anita have the other one. Their flight gets in sometime around 2:00 and it's now 2:24, so we should be hearing from them soon!
Well, I'll post more tomorrow. Much love to everyone. God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.