Good evening to all! How are you? I had a very busy, but wonderful day.
My day kind of started out rough. Most of you have read my blogs and know that we rescued a little lamb named Hope. She was partially blind. She was precious though. Unfortunately, she passed away during the night and my boys found her this morning. I was very sad. We're not exactly sure why she died, but she will definitely be missed.
I did some schooling with the boys this morning. I also ran some errands. I came home and baked a devils food chocolate cake with espresso cream cheese icing...YUMMM!!!! Believe it or not, I was a VERY good girl and only took two small bites!
I dropped my boys off at a friends house, the Heckendorns. They are a lovely homeschooling family that runs the drama group the boys are in. They are ranchers and were looking for some extra help around their ranch today putting up some corrals and barbed wire fencing. I dropped the boys off around 12:30 (just in time for lunch)! They worked hard and just hung out with them until Boys' Night tonight at the Drennan's house. The Drennans are another homeschool family that we also know through drama and karate. Once a month, Mr. and Mrs. Drennan invited young Christian teenagers over to hang out. All the other parents get a date night!
Nathan was in the mood for Baja Mexican food, so we tried a restaurant called the Prickly Pear located off San Mateo. We had their fish tacos. It was a bit pricey for the amount of food they served.
From there, we went to Sportsman's Warehouse and returned some merchandise. We bought a scope for Aaron's .22 rifle.
We hopped back in the car and stopped at Putt-Putt Miniature Golf! We had a blast! I am so horrible, but I had a great time! Nathan is much better than me...I think he was purposely missing the hole just so I wouldn't feel so bad! Nathan - 42...Michelle-69!!! I probably would've golfed just as well if I kept my eyes shut!
After golf, we stopped by Dunkin' Donuts for a cup of coffee and a donut. I ordered a French vanilla/coconut coffee with a lemon filled donut. It sure hit the spot. Nathan of course, got his French crueller!
That was our date in a nutshell. What a nice date with my sweetie! Rest well and God bless!
Sounds like you all had a wonderful evening. Love you, dad
ReplyDelete