Good evening to all! How are you? I am doing great,
Our company left this morning after breakfast. I spent the day cleaning house and getting ready for more company tomorrow! We are hoping to have the Radigans over for dinner.
The boys and I drove into Tijeras this evening to do a demonstration. The school that we practice at was holding a special event especially for moms and sons. Our Sensei pulled some of the most advanced students to do a demonstration for everyone. I was pretty excited about being asked to participate!
The first thing we did was line up, meditate for a minute, and then we started on our basics. We did punching jodan, chudan twice. Then we did a rising block, reverse punch. Next we did a stomach block, elbow strike, fist strike and chudan punch. The next thing we did was an inside-out block, same hand punch, then a chudan punch. Then we did a front kick, back kick. Next was a round-house kick.
The next part is what we call kumite. Kumite is where we spar with partners. We pair up, then one attacks the other and the other block and counter-attacks. I was very happy to have been paired up with Sam. Sam is about Aaron's age. He is our Sensei's first black belt student! I sparred very well with him. He attacked me with a jodan, chudan punch twice and I stood there for demonstrating how they are to make controlled contact. Sam punched pretty hard, but it was good. Next, he had to demonstrate kicking while I stood there. The first kick barely made contact. I whispered,"More Sam!" The second kick wasn't totally on target and wasn't enough,again I whispered,"Come on Sam, more!" Well, the third time was a charm and he took me seriously! He kicked me really hard. He didn't intend on hitting that hard. Our Sensei just happened to look over at us right as he kicked me. The kick was so hard, there was a big sound, it made my Sensei wonder if I was going to be ok! It was then that I smiled at Sam and he whispered," you ok?" I said, "Ossu!" It made me Sensei proud to see that Sam overdid it and I took it in stride! Next, we demonstrated some judo technics. I took Sam down! It was good! He did very well taking me down too! Overall, I had a blast!
Well, I need to get some sleep. The boys and I are completely in a major tournament tomorrow over at the main dojo. Will write about that either tomorrow or the next day! Rest well my friends. God bless!
Wow, sounds you like guys are having a blast! Keep it up and don't get hurt! :) We want to keep you around.
ReplyDelete