Sunday, September 30, 2012

Craigslist Strikes Again!

Hello again my friends! Before I forget to tell everyone, Nathan has changed my account so that everyone can post comments now (only I will have to approve them to officially add them onto the blog site). I have quite a few viewers from Russia, 1 from Germany, 1 from the Czech Republic and 1 from Malaysia. I did have 1 from South Korea at one time. I would love to hear from you and would welcome any topics you would like me to discuss or share some funny stories about!

I had a wonderful day with my family today. My friend Robin got up this morning and helped me cook breakfast. We made turkey bacon, scrambled eggs and French toast. We served the French toast with homemade strawberry syrup, homemade peach syrup and homemade cherry syrup, all of which I canned this year...yummm!

We went to church and had a wonderful service. Then we went out to lunch with Robin and Avram at Whole Hog Cafe (Jordan's favorite restaurant). We went back home for a while, then headed back in town for evening services. After church, we ran some errands...

My sweet hubby had been doing some research on our breeding lines of our dairy goats (Nubian goats to be exact). He is so diligent to think things through and then put plans into action. I, on the other hand, make a good helper. I don't like making decisions or planning, but I am more than happy to help out when things are laid out for me or I am told what needs to be done. I am definitely not a planner. I don't think ahead to next year, I only deal with the here and now. I have more recently discovered that my Nathan is definitely a planner! He knew that we needed to get different bloodlines to breed all our Nubian does and doelings. We do have a great Nubian buck (whose name is Old Spice). He has great bloodlines, was bottle raised and is almost too friendly with humans. For a buck, he's extremely nice. Unfortunately, he's too closely related to all our girls so we're looking at replacing him. Nathan just happened to be looking on Craigslist and found a very nice buck (3 months old) and we bought him tonight in hopes of raising him and our other buck born to us this year to breed all our girls next year. We weren't sure if we were really going to get him, we were going to look, so we didn't bring anything with us to transport him home in! Thankfully, the lady who was selling him loaned us one of her crates...thank you, thank you, thank you! My boys really thanked her seeing that they were going to have to hold him in the back seat with them ALL THE WAY HOME! Can you imagine what kind of havoc that little guy could've caused all the way home???

Do you remember how I HATE chickens because they scare me? Nathan just planted a bug in my ear this afternoon. He's thinking we might try our hand at raising some duck and/or geese...we'll see... Nathan said if they get too mean, maybe we can have an early Christmas goose dinner!

I am going to turn in for the evening. I am so looking forward to tomorrow morning. My wonderful sweet hubby agreed to stay with both boys and homeschool them tomorrow so I can have a girl day with my best friend (my mother-in-law) and one of our friends from Texas who is here visiting her daughter! Will probably add something in my blog about our day out on the town!

Btw, news flash...both boys are officially done working at the Schwebach's for the season. The boys were kind of bummed, but Nathan and I are somewhat relieved because the boys can focus on school more! God bless the Schwebach's for providing such a wonderful learning opportunity for my boys!

Well, sleep tight and may God bless you all.

2 comments:

  1. What did you name the new Nubian Buck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lady we got him from called him Jack. Not sure if he'll keep that or not.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.