Nathan and I woke up around 6:15 this morning to get things started. Aaron spent the night in town with our friend Avram. They volunteered to do the Hot Chocolate 5K Run this year. Aaron, Avram, Robin and her friend Melissa did the run together. Nathan woke Jordan up so he could do chores early. We were expecting the concrete guy to come around 7:15 this morning. They were supposed to pour concrete in Chad's shop (my brother-in-law) first. Then they were just going to back the cement truck up to where we leveled all our beams yesterday and pour concrete into our holes to permanently set our beams for our shop. By the time the driver showed up and finished pouring on Chad's property and came to our shop site, it was already 8:40. I had to leave right then to get Jordan to work by 9:00, so that left Nathan by himself to direct the guy where to pour concrete and to set the poles as the cement went in. I wasn't there, but when I came back, all the poles were moved off center, were all out of alignment and nothing was level. It was a mess! Pour Nathan was pretty frustrated! Chad had hired several guys to help pour and finish his slab, so when they saw Nathan was in a little bit of trouble and they were able to break free, Chad and his friend Brian came to our rescue and started helping Nathan. That's about when I got home. They were frantically trying to reset the posts, check measurements and making sure things were square and level. They had to work fast since the concrete was setting up quickly! When they poured the concrete into the holes, it would move the beams that were staked in place or knock over the base it stood on, so Nathan had to dump some of the concrete for each hole beside the hole until we could correct the problems. When we would fix one problem, another would take its place. I was trying to help the three guys, but I was mostly standing there. My back was still out, my hip was out, my neck was out and I had one rib out. Thankfully my chiropractor put me all back together again! I couldn't help them shovel concrete into the holes or help them move the posts around, but I did help hold tape measures and get their levels for them. I make a pretty good "gopher", you know, "Go pher this, go pher that!"
Well, the guys finally got things pretty square again and mostly back where things should be. Thanks to the guys for helping us save our shop! This all happened by around 10:00. Then it was time to drive into Albuquerque to pick Aaron up.
Drove in, went straight to my chiropractor's office, then drove home. Aaron had 20 minutes to change, freshen up, eat lunch and get to work on time.
Came home. Finished cleaning Aaron's room for Robin. Started sweeping, but my back really started hurting so Nathan took over and finished my floors for me. What a sweetheart!
Baked a dessert. Got dressed and went to the Schwebach's house tonight. They had a tea for the ladies, a combined potluck for everyone and volleyball for the boys and men. After dinner, they started a bonfire and we all sat around it singing hymns from memory. What fun!!!
I am exhausted and need to get some sleep. May God bless you all!
Funny! It was so love to see you all at the tea. Thanks for sharing your blog with me!
ReplyDeleteI meant it was LOVELY to see you. I need to learn how to write, heehee. :)
ReplyDelete