As you can tell from Nathan's post, he harvested a lot of honey yesterday. He brought in all the honey comb that he harvested and placed the containers on my large kitchen island. We have not processed the honey yet to extract the honey from the comb since we are still placing orders for honey with the comb in it. So, in the meantime, it still sits on my countertops. If any of you have seen my granite countertops, you know that the pattern hides dirt/messes very well. The honey has dripped down the sides of the bowls and onto the counter in various places. I have wiped and wiped and wiped my counters, but to no avail! I still can't seem to get the sticky gooey mess cleaned up. For those of you who don't know me very well, I love a clean kitchen and I can't STAND sticky all over my hands (or feet for that matter)! I have wiped up stray drips on the floor as they carried in their precious cargo into my once "clean" kitchen! I don't know how many socks I've gone through stepping into the unseen "enemy"! Will this stickiness never end??!! Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff...just, does it need to be so sticky? Oh well...I think we will have 1-2 more days before we're done processing and I can try and get it all thoroughly cleaned up!
One exciting thing though, Nathan designed and printed our labels for our honey products and also set up an email address for our farm business. It really looked nice after we placed our first label on our own honey!
We are busy around the farm trying to get ready for a bunch of company coming this weekend. Nathan has been working really hard on the landscaping in the backyard. He finished running the sewer pipe, irrigation pipe and electrical pipe and he hopes to continue laying flagstone tomorrow. I only helped him a little by guiding him on the tractor as he buried the lines and doing a little shovel work. The boys and I helped a little tonight while we were grilling fish and steaks on the grill by doing the weeding on some monstrous weeds that were overtaking my backyard. Thanks boys! You really worked hard! Thanks honey for being such a good role model to show them how to work hard! Love all my guys bunches and bunches. God is so good all the time!
Well, that's all from me tonight. Will write more tomorrow.
P.S.-Tried to get our overgrown steer "Red" over to the other pasture today. Not too successful. He seems to only like me. He doesn't seem to want to give anyone else the time of day. I tried leading him with alfalfa pellets...not a chance. I got a bucket of apple scraps and he discovered that he absolutely loves apples! I lead him with the bucket to the fence. Nathan had gate duty, but Red just would not cross over to the other pasture. What a stinker! He ran off 3 times almost back to the barn and I lead him all the way back to the gate, but he just wouldn't go through the gate. Maybe better luck tomorrow??
This will be very interesting to keep up with the "days and times of Michelle on Cogburn Rancho Loco." I can just see the sequel gelling now. "How to Make Friends and Influence Bulls (and God's other creatures)."
ReplyDeleteThis should be very interesting reading "the Days and Times of Michelle on Cogburn Rancho Loco." I can just see the sequel jelling now -- "How to Make Friends and Influence Bulls (and God's other creatures)." Or maybe "Who's got Sticky Fingers at Rancho Loco?" the suspense builds.................. Can't wait.
ReplyDelete