This is a typical Tuesday for me. Got Jordan up to start chores. I poured up the milk as soon as he came in with the pails of milk. Nathan washed up the pails/funnel while Jordan fed and watered all the animals.
Ate breakfast. Got Jordan started on school for the day. Practiced my katas for karate for about 1 1/2 hours. Helped Nathan line up where we plan to pour concrete footers for our shop we are hoping to put up in the very near future. Went inside and heated up some lunch. Packed Aaron's GI for karate and a change of clothes for later.
Left the house at 12:45 to go pick Aaron up from work. Drove the boys to Edgewood for their drama rehearsal from 1:30-3:30. Left straight from there to drive to Tijeras for karate from 4:00-6:00. I got to celebrate my birthday Japanese style! I stood front and center, then everyone (including Sensei) line up and punch the birthday person! Yep, it stung, but I actually looked forward to it and am proud of how I was able to take it. I stayed after class to have my Sensei work on my katas with Sandra and me. The boys left for a Bible study on the west side of Albuquerque at Paula and Aulvie's house. Still waiting for the guys to come home. I am pretty tired, but then again, I always feel a little bit tired!
Oh, I almost forgot, I am in the process of making cinnamon whipped honey. Yes, there is a process to it. Whipped honey is actually only a form of crystallized honey. You have to be sure that your raw honey is completely free of any crystals. I started with 10 parts our honey. Then you stir in 1 part store bought whipped honey and mix until thoroughly blended. I added some cinnamon. You have to let it sit overnight. Then on the third day, stir it again, then pour it up into containers and let "culture" for 1-2 weeks. I admit...I just had to snitch some and it is absolutely divine!
Nathan and I are doing some research and we are hoping to make candles and lip balm soon. I don't know when, but soon.
Well, nothing new to report around the farm. Hope to sell a couple of alpacas maybe tomorrow. Will keep you posted.
God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.