Monday, September 17, 2012

My husband is crazy...he's done it again!

Well, he's either gone crazy or he's gone "cuckoo"! He just ordered Jordan another 200...yes, I did say 200...chicks! Jordan is wanting to expand his chicken business so his Dad just stepped in there and jump started him! The chicks should be here around 9/26. He'll raise them up and then sell them when they are getting ready to start laying eggs in the spring. I think this is a wonderful business opportunity for Jordan and Nathan is so good to come up with ideas and to support him. I am proud of them both

As for things with Aaron, he and Nathan have taken on bee keeping this year. Nathan had a big surprise tonight. He wasn't going to harvest any more honey this year so the bees would have a better chance of surviving the winter, but the guy who is helping us with the bees came out and was really impressed with our two hives. They ended up harvesting about 30 pounds of honey! YIPPEEE!!!

We still have Coco (the borrowed bull) on our property. I finally figured out how to get him to do anything I want him to do...I just have to have apples! He absolutely loves apples and will do anything to get them. He would not let me touch or get anywhere near his nose ring before. I happened to take out some apple scraps from when we pressed some fresh apple cider and he became like putty in my hands. He even let me play with his nose ring as long I kept feeding him apples!

Well, that's about all for today. I will try and make a posting each day. Hope you enjoy my adventures with me as I share them with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.