Hello again. I had a very blessed birthday today. It started today when Nathan got up extra early this morning. I heard him go out the front door as I rolled over and went back to sleep. After a while, I heard "thump, thump, thump." I thought to myself, "Now why on Earth is Nathan using his rubber mallet to level the flagstone out back? I thought we were going to take a break from it for a couple of days." So I jumped up out of bed while I was still trying to pry my heavy eyelids open enough to see what he was up to. As I squinted out our bedroom door, I saw Nathan armed with a fly swatter going to town on the rampant flies that invaded my house last night during the party. I guess I just got a sneak peek at one of the plagues that pharaoh dealt with...lol! Nathan said, "Hold on!" He turned around and brought me a grande cup of White Chocolate Mocha (my favorite drink from Starbucks)! I don't drink Starbucks that often, I mean, who can afford $5 a pop? Then Nathan explained that when he got up and saw all the flies, he thought to himself that his sweetie-pie would not be a happy camper and would not have a good birthday if she woke up to all those pesky flies! For those of you who have not been to my house, I pretty much always have a fly swatter in hand. If there is a fly in my bedroom at night, I will turn on every light and I will NOT go to sleep until every last one is dead! I can't stand being woken up by buzzing in my ears :( !!
Nathan wouldn't let me lift a finger to help with breakfast. Both boys did chores this morning and Nathan cooked breakfast. We had monkey bread, eggs and turkey bacon. Yummm!
We went to church, then had a potluck volleyball get-together at the park. What fun! We were blessed to have Keith and Ginger visiting this week. Then we had evening services. After services let out, stopped by Smith's to pick up some fly paper to hang around the house! Then we drove out to the Schwebach's and did a blood draw on their cow "Honey." Nathan did a blood draw on one of our cows and our little heifer yesterday. We plan on sending it in for a pregnancy test. Hopefully all three test will come back positive. You should see the looks we get from the postal workers every time we ship blood tests. We have to label the box "Animal Specimens" and they always ask us what it is. We have to explain that it's a blood sample for a pregnancy test. They had no idea we could do that! You would think they would remember when we come back the next time, but that would be just too easy...
You should have seen us trying to draw blood on Honey. Mind you, we are all still in our church clothes and church shoes. Nathan grabbed her by the halter and led her between two corral panels connected in a "v" shape. I held her rope through the panels. Jordan pushed the panels together wedging her in. Aaron got "detailed" to do tail duty (pun intended)! He got to hold her strong tail up and out of the way while Nathan tried to stick a vein on the under-side of her tail while she was squirming to get away. It takes a pretty talented person to get a vein while it is moooving...sorry, couldn't help myself. Duane is really beginning to rub off on me!
Not much news to report. Till tomorrow.
Blessings!
True Love: swatting flies on your sweetie's birthday
ReplyDeleteSo true Heather!
ReplyDelete