Sorry I missed posting yesterday. Things were kind of busy, but then again, when are they NOT busy???
I got up yesterday morning, shucked 2 dozen ears of Schwebach corn and made homemade cream style corn. I then proceeded to can 8 pints of the huge batch that I made. The fresh batch I made tastes fabulous, but after canning it, it definitely changed color and texture. I'm not sure the status of the taste though. Note to self: do not ever can cream corn again!
Had to take Aaron in for a routine doctor's appointment (the make-up appointment from when Anita tried to take them in and they refused to see them). I showed up 15 minutes early as they requested. Tried to sign in and she told me there was a $15.38 balance over due on the boys account from Sept. 2011, so I paid it. The next thing she said to me about gave me a heart attack. She said, " Now, you owe $1395!!!!" I about choked! As I tried to maintain some sense of calmness, I asked what in the world that was for and she told me it was for "stuff" done there at the pediatricians office. Nathan came to my rescue and took over while they called Aaron back, only to be told that he wasn't even due for a check-up. They were the ones who called and said he was due and set up the appointment! Ended up getting flu shots for the boys and Jordan got his overdue vaccination. As we were leaving the office, the lady that charged me for the past due charges said it was a mistake and we actually had a credit of $22! Can anyone understand my frustration here??
Got up at 7:00 this morning. Cleaned house, started organizing things and basically getting ready for my birthday bash this weekend. Was still helping Jordan with homeschooling at the same time. Had major computer problems, but Nathan worked around it.
Jordan started with a sore throat so he didn't want to go to karate. Canceled his violin lesson. Nathan came home early from his trip to town. Aaron worked an hour later at work today. Got Aaron home and started him on his Scantron testing for the new new school we just got him into yesterday. Had more computer hick-ups. Aaron was still in the middle of testing when it was time for us to leave for karate. I was outside helping Nathan lay a bunch of flagstone outback and we missed karate.
Had to go to Walmart tonight to get a turkey for my party. Got a call from my Sensei and he was worried about me. We never miss class and if we do, I always contact him. Tonight I didn't. Little did I know that the whole class planned a surprise birthday party for me today. One of the ladies made zucchini bread and someone else brought cake and I didn't show up! I feel so bad that they went to all that trouble and I wasn't there.
Where does the time go? Can anybody tell me? I thought I was going to have plenty of time today to get things done, but I secretly think someone is fast-forwarding the time when I'm not looking. I sure hope tomorrow goes a little more smoothly than the last two days.
Well, enough babbling from me. I will (Lord willing) have a better day tomorrow! God is good!
So, you are having a turkey birthday bash??? Wish I could be there to throw it for you while you got a massage and pedi/mani. Something is definately wrong here!!! Sounds like the dr. office is right on course for them. SO sorry you missed your karati b-day party. You do so much for others, I know they were anxious to surprise you. bummer........
ReplyDeleteMichelle, I hope this comment gets posted. I was having troubles. love you, Dad
ReplyDeleteIt posted Daddy! Great job! Glad you were finally able to get it to work!
Delete