Friday, May 31, 2013

Praise The Lord For Little Angels!

Good evening everyone! How are you doing tonight? I am fairly exhausted!

I got the boys up early today so we could get chores done and be finished and washed up ready to leave by 10 a.m.  I was set and all ready to walk out the door at 9:58 when Nathan called me and asked to to pick up our truck at the mechanics. We had to have our rear U-joint replaced. So, aaron and I ran over to the mechanics, picked it up, then dropped it back off at home.

When we got home, we loaded the car with food that my sweet sister-in-law made for the family that we've been praying for. In case you hadn't heard, there's a family that does karate with us. This family is extra special. The dad and mom have adopted over 20 kids over the years. They always asks for special needs or handicapped children. They still have nine kids at home right now. They have a sweet 9 y.o. Daughter named Gracie. She was born with hydrocephalus and had a shunt put in. Two weeks ago, she developed meningitis around the shunt. She has been in the hospital this whole time. Mom and dad take turns staying with her overnight at the hospital and day time too, around the clock.

I found out that they had been receiving meals to help them, but that their time was up and they had no more meals lined up for the next day. It was just by God's grace that we found out. I got busy making some calls and posting on Facebook to see if anyone would like to help provide meals for this very dear family. We had a great response and we've had meals provided through Monday! Thanks to all who volunteered and showed them God's love and compassion when they needed it most!

So this morning, we came back from the mechanics and loaded up the food my SIL made and loaded my boys in the vehicle. We stopped halfway to Albuquerque and picked up one of the boys' friend. Then we dropped the food off at Gracie's house. 

I had to stop by the main dojo in town and pick up some stuff that Sensei Nagatomo had for me. Then we met up with Nathan's cousin Darin and his family and a good friend of ours, Avram. We met for lunch and enjoyed Dion's pizza. From there, we took all the boys to Cliff's Amusement Park. We had a blast!

I left the boys with Avram at cliff's at 4:30. I had to go back to the main dojo again for a mandatory training session for registration for the karate summer camp and National Competition. At six, I met back up with everyone and Nathan too for dinner at Cracker Barrel.

After dinner, I was driving home and something in my mind clicked. I was supposed to pick up a meal that Avram (a bachelor and former Marine) made for the Gloetzner family. So I met up with him and picked up his potato soup. I then drove back to the Gloetzners to give them their meal for tomorrow!

Leslie and I made it back to the house about 9:30 tonight. Boy, am I exhausted!

I am just so very thankful that God has blessed our lives with little angels like Gracie! She sure brings happiness to her family and those who know her. I pray for her continued healing and strength for her little body to cope well with having had the shunt completely removed!!! She has never been able to be without a shunt, so thank you from the bottom of my heart for prayers on her behalf!

Well, I need to turn in. Nathan fell asleep on his recliner in the living room and I have tried twice now to wake him, unsuccessfully I might add! May Gods peace and love surround you tonight as you rest well.  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.