We had an extremely busy day today. Wait a minute...we started off by sleeping in (around 7:30)! I set my coffee maker to brew at 7:00, so I woke up to smelling freshly brewed coffee! I love it when I make time the night before and set it to brew before I wake up!
I made me a tall cup of mocha and sat down with Nathan and Leslie to enjoy it! Nathan left to go to the local nursery to pick up some more trees and bushes while Leslie and I made breakfast. Darin and Dakota left the house around 6:30 to go golfing today.
Leslie and I fried up some real bacon (Jordan wanted a break from turkey bacon)! I made toast while Leslie scrambled some eggs. She also made a fresh fruit salad which was absolutely yummy!
Aaron, Jordan and I went outside to get started on the garden while Nathan got home and grabbed some breakfast. Aaron and worked on getting all the blackberry bushes transplanted to the correct row outside the garden and then getting the rest of the raspberry plants transplanted as well.
Tonya and Chad (Nathan's brother and his wife) are in the process of building a house and they started raising walls today. Tonya and her mom, Kay, provided a wonderful lunch. After lunch, Aaron, Nathan and I hopped back in the truck and drove over to the Schwebach's farm. We dug up quite a few stray raspberry plants and a blackberry plant.
As soon as we got home, Aaron and I got busy planting the plants from the Schwebach's. Nathan, Jordan, Peyton, Dakota, Cayden, Haven and Avery helped Nathan lay out all the drop hose and got the garden prepped.
Tonya provided supper again to night, but we moved it over to my house. I made some asparagus and desserts. Leslie made a really good dessert...coconut strawberry tres leches truffle. I also made coconut ice cream to go along with it!
About two hours before supper, Jordan started complaining of his stomach hurting. He complained of it last Sunday, but nothing came of it. This afternoon at lunch, Tonya ran out of pickles and Jordan thought it'd be a great idea to just drink the pickle juice from the jar. I'm not real sure how much he drank, but I think it was quite a bit. We thought he was just feeling the consequences of drinking that stuff. He ended up getting sick after we got done with dinner. We thought he got rid of the pickle juice and would start to feel better. He just threw up again a little bit ago. He has a slight fever 99.2. He usually runs about 97.8. Poor guy! He really is trying to be a trooper about it though!
I am praying he gets over it quickly and that NONE of us get it! Nathan can't afford to be sick. Aaron, Jordan and I leave Thursday morning for karate camp...we CAN'T get sick...we're not allowed!
Oh well...
In other news, Lily, our baby cria (baby alpaca) is now 12 days old!!! She is strong and healthy!! We are so very happy! I am just thrilled to look out across the pasture and see a baby alpaca running around! The other momma hasn't had her baby yet, but we're still watching her.
Well, I am tired and want to get some sleep. Please pray for Jordan to get over this quickly and that the rest of us don't get it! Thank you so much! May God bless you and good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.