Monday, June 3, 2013

Now You See It...Now You Don't!

Good evening! How are you my friends? I am fine.

When we went to bed last night, we counted five eggs when I took the picture I posted. When I walked  Nathan to his car this morning, we only saw four eggs! A little while later, there were five eggs. Before Nathan came home from work, I counted six eggs! After Nathan came home, he said there were only three. I was beginning to really get confused. Nathan said the crows must have found the nest and were carrying off the eggs. I didn't want to loose all the eggs, so aaron went and got out our incubator and got it up and running. We got the three remaining eggs and placed them in the incubator. We hope to have at least three babies in about 26 days!

Does anyone have any suggestions how to get rid of crows or how to keep them from flying off with our chicken/duck eggs in their mouth. I've seen them do this. It's absolutely insane! We've tried taking some eggs, poking the end with a needle and extracting some of the yolk. We then replace the fluid with "winky juice". Winky juice is made with apple cider vinegar, onions, garlic, habanero peppers, horse radish and you let it ferment for a couple of weeks. You strain out all the veggies and drink the juice to boost your immune system. It packs quite a punch and it will kill whatever ails you. I was hoping it would deter the crows from wanting other eggs in the future, but it hasn't seemed to help. Can anyone give me some advice? 

Well, as usual, everyone is in bed and asleep except for me. Guess I had better join the ranks and get some shut-eye. Until tomorrow. God bless you and may God bless America!

1 comment:

  1. glad you were able to rescue some of the eggs. Maybe they'll lay some more.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add constructive comments. I have loosened the controls to encourage people to post more comments.