I know, I know...it's been a while since the last post, but here it is all the same!
It has been extremely busy around here on the farm since I updated everyone. We sold Samson (our billy goat born to us last year), and we've also sold all of our alpacas except for three. We were on a mission to down-size (at least I thought we were)!!!!
I came home late Friday evening from a karate class at the main dojo when Nathan said, "Hi Honey! I looove yooouuuu!!!" My first thought was, "Ok...what did you do?!!" Nathan said he didn't do anything yet! He has been doing some research on raising meet rabbits. He said he was planning on going to go look at two or three breeding females (does) and another guy had a breeding male (buck).
I offered to go with him. We left around 9:30 A.M. We ended up driving all over the place! We went to Mountainaire, Monzano, Tijique, Las Nutrias, Bosque, Veguita, and Los Lunas. By the time we traveled to all these places, I was exhausted! The first stop that morning, we bought a hog. His name is "Big Red" and he is a Red Waddle. He's kind of cute, for a pig!
The next stop, we were looking to buy two or three female rabbits. The lady was having back surgery and she was trying to just find good homes for all her animals. She made us a deal that Nathan couldn't refuse! She sold us thirteen rabbits and gave us a cage!
The next stop, we bought eight or nine cages.
The next stop, we went and looked at the breeding buck and bought him. So that's how we ended up with 14 rabbits!
Nathan and I stopped at Tractor Supply to purchase some watering bowls and got some feed for the rabbits. We then went home and tried to set up the cages and separate all the rabbits into their appropriate cages. We were so physically drained by the time we were done. I think we got done around 8:30 or 9:00 P.M.


wow! nice farm life for you and the boys. Enjoy while you can do all these things. i loved the photos you sent.
ReplyDeleteMom